Banking Lawyers in Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids & Paw Paw
Willis Law provides financial institutions with legal counsel both in banking law and general corporate areas, including executive compensation, employee relations, environmental, trademark and securities litigation, foreclosures, loan modifications, foreclosure by advertisement, foreclosure by judicial action, foreclosure negotiations, short sale negotiations, deeds in lieu of foreclosure, collections on deficiencies and many others.
We provide complete services to both lenders and borrowers, including negotiation, documentation, and closing of commercial and residential real estate loans.
Contact us online or call (888) 461-7744 to speak with a seasoned, qualified attorney.
Banking Law Representation During Loan Transactions
Our basic services include preparing and/or renewing commitment letters, performing due diligence, handling collateral priority and perfection issues, drafting and negotiating transaction documents and loan terms, and conducting closings.
We also regularly provide advice in a number of substantive areas indirectly related to lending, including:
- Regulatory issues, including analysis of environmental risks
- Real estate title issues
- Title and ownership issues where special types of collateral are involved such as aircraft and intellectual property
- Questions concerning insolvency, bankruptcy and fraudulent conveyance risks
- Foreclosures, including loan modifications, foreclosure by advertisement, foreclosure by judicial action, foreclosure negotiations, short sale negotiations, deeds in lieu of foreclosure and collections on deficiencies
Willis Law's attorneys frequently advise business clients in connection with their commercial financing arrangements, providing assistance at all stages of a loan transaction through the closing.
The banking law services we most often provide include document review and analysis, negotiation of loan and document terms, and assistance with closing requirements. We also render third-party opinions on behalf of business clients to lenders and other transaction parties.
Loan Modifications, Loan Workouts and Bankruptcy Creditor Representation
Willis Law assists both borrowers and lenders interested in loan workouts to efficiently address troubled loans by preparing practical advice geared toward achieving realistic goals:
- When representing borrowers, we may determine it is in our clients' best interest to seek a modification of the mortgage or other loan terms. We will work with the bank to come to a favorable agreement, which could involve a lower interest rate or monthly payment, an extension of the loan period, or other options.
- When representing lenders, we ensure each loan is in compliance with federal law and qualifies for any available federal incentives.
We also represent creditors in bankruptcy proceedings.
Contact Our Kalamazoo, Michigan, Banking Lawyers Today
Contact our law offices online or call (888) 461-7744 to schedule an appointment with a lawyer to discuss banking law or any related legal issue.
Michael Willis is the contributing author for this content.