Grand Rapids & Kalamazoo DUI Attorneys
A conviction on drunk driving or OWI charges has serious consequences, from losing your license to serving jail time. Beyond the potential criminal penalties, you face collateral consequences such as increased auto insurance premiums and damage to your personal reputation.
At Willis Law, we defend individuals facing DUI, DWI and all other alcohol-related driving offenses throughout western Michigan. We fight for the most positive possible outcome, keep you out of jail, and protect your license and your criminal record.
If you have been arrested for an offense related to drunk driving, the police are not on your side. You need an attorney looking out for your best interest. Call us toll free at (888) 461-7744 for a free initial consultation.
OWI Defense Lawyers in Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids and Paw Paw
In any OWI defense, our first goal is to have the charges against our client dismissed. If that is not possible, we will fight to have the charges and penalties reduced or dismissed and to keep a damaging OWI conviction off the record.
Motor Vehicle-Related Offenses
Our attorneys pride themselves on providing skilled representation to clients charged with:
- Operating while intoxicated (OWI)
- Operating while visibly impaired (OWVI)
- OWI causing death
- Super drunk (high BAC)
- OWI first offense
- OWI second offense
- Felony OWI third offense
- Operating under the influence of liquor (OUIL)
- Operating with any presence of a drug in your system (OWPD)
- Unlawful blood alcohol level (UBAL) while operating a vehicle
- OWI, OWVI, OWPD or DWLS causing serious injury or death
- Open intoxicants in a motor vehicle
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Boating under the influence (BUI)
In addition to fighting the drunk driving charges you face, you can rely on us to handle the administrative issues surrounding your driver's license, including driver's license appeals.
- Driving while license suspended (DWLS) or revoked
- Preliminary breath test (PBT) refusal
- Chemical test refusal
- Minor in possession (MIP) of alcohol
- Driver's License Appeal Division (DLAD) appeals and driver's license restoration
Exposing the Holes in the Prosecution's Case
Remember, just because you have been charged with drunk driving or OWI doesn't mean you are guilty. Mistakes do happen. Examples include improper traffic stops, failure by the police to use proper arrest procedures, a faulty field sobriety test (FST) and a faulty blood alcohol concentration (BAC) test.
If there are holes in the state's case against you, we will work to expose them and use those mistakes in your defense. Remember, you do not have to take a personal breath test (PBT) or comply with any other request for a roadside sobriety test. Officers must keep their DataMaster machines up-to-date or breath results can be thrown out and charges can be dismissed.
Free Initial Consultation | Student, Senior and Military Discounts
Our experienced Kalamazoo OWI defense lawyers will leave no stone unturned in your defense. Contact us today for your free initial consultation.