Truck Accident Lawyers Serving Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids
In a collision between a commercial truck and almost any other vehicle, the commercial truck and its occupants are bound to come through with less damage and fewer injuries. An 18-wheeler driven by a negligent driver or lacking proper maintenance can become an object of destruction on our roadways, leaving innocent motorists paying the price physically, emotionally and financially.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in West Michigan, you do not have to bear the burden alone. At Willis Law, our truck accident attorneys represent the occupants of passenger cars, motorcycle riders, bicyclists and pedestrians who have been injured in truck accidents.
Dedicated Trucking Accident Attorneys
We pursue the full compensation that truck accident injury victims are entitled to, including for medical bills, rehabilitation costs, pain and suffering, and lost wages. We pursue additional compensation for the surviving family members of fatal truck accident victims.
At all phases of these cases, we strive to hold negligent truck drivers, truck companies and their insurers accountable for the losses they have caused. We thoroughly investigate these accidents to determine their causes, which commonly include:
- Equipment malfunctions caused by inadequate maintenance
- Failures to observe requirements for rest periods and time off of the road
- Driver fatigue
- Drunk driving or drugged driving
- Poorly secured loads
Our lawyers work with professionals such as accident reconstructionists, medical doctors and vocational rehabilitation specialists to demonstrate the needs of our clients and obtain settlements and jury verdicts from all liable parties.
Causes of Truck Accidents
Some of the most common causes of accidents involving trucks and other commercial vehicles include:
- Drug or alcohol consumption
- Driving too many consecutive hours, which is a violation of the law
- Lack of sleep
- Failure to maintain the vehicle/equipment failure
- Improper loading of cargo
- Inattentive or distracted driving
- Unsafe driving in hazardous conditions, including in construction zones
- Rollovers due to sharp turns
- Ignoring roadway signals