Grand Rapids & Kalamazoo Business Bankruptcy Lawyers
When Business Bankruptcy Is the Right Solution
There are many situations in which business reorganization makes sense:
- Overwhelming high-interest debt obligations
- Several consecutive quarters of earnings losses
- Loss of major account(s) that is difficult to replace
- A partner's credit problems
- Lawsuit liabilities
- Tax problems
- Landlord-tenant conflicts
- Natural disaster
- Several other debt, revenue and liability issues
Filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy offers your business court protection during reorganization. In Chapter 11, your business can resume normal operations, and a stay is placed on all creditors' collection actions.
At Willis Law, we can help you develop a strategy to resolve threats to your personal finances and get back on top of business debts and obligations. We invite you to speak with our lawyers in Kalamazoo or Grand Rapids.
Our legal counsel and guidance through the bankruptcy process allow our clients to refocus on the operational success of their businesses, while we help them execute on an achievable plan for financial reorganization.
Give Your Business the Life Line It Needs
Filing for bankruptcy is an efficient and effective option, but it's not always the best option for each business. Our lawyers will help you fully evaluate your circumstances and make informed decisions about the debt relief options available to you.
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy allows you to reorganize as a corporation, partnership or sole proprietorship.
- It provides a forum convenient to your business for all creditors to voice claims and concerns.
- It allows your attorney to dispute creditor claims and, with the authority of the bankruptcy court, to collect from debts from other parties owing your company money.
- It sets a court-ordered period during which pre-existing debts do not need to be repaid until reorganization is complete.
We will guide you through filing the Plan of Reorganization, negotiating with creditors and gaining approval for affordable repayments on reduced debt burdens and obligations.
Call Us to Speak With an Attorney Today
We represent businesses and provide advanced legal counsel to owners throughout western Michigan. With offices in Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo, we are conveniently located to respond to your urgent matters.
Please call our law firm at (888) 461-7744 to discuss your customizable opportunities for debt relief. We look forward to speaking with you.
*We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.