Kalamazoo Litigation and ADR Lawyers
Our skilled and dedicated lawyers are prepared to help you obtain positive results through litigation or alternative dispute resolution methods, including:
- Business litigation: Any type of litigation may have an impact on your business. We handle all types of state and federal commercial litigation issues such as shareholder disputes, partnership disputes, nonsolicitation issues, noncompete agreements, intellectual property issues, life science/biotechnology issues and many others.
- Construction litigation: Whether you are dealing with commercial construction litigation, or residential or commercial real estate litigation matters, our firm can stand up for your rights and help you understand your options for seeking a resolution to the case. We handle all types of construction litigation and liens such as contract disputes, financing issues, and state and federal regulatory matters
- Mortgage litigation: Our attorneys have years of experience representing real estate owners and lenders in mortgage disputes and foreclosure litigation. We manage all phases of dispute resolution, working to resolve your matter effectively while protecting your rights and financial interests. You have options, and we will help you secure the best one for your unique situation.
- Employment litigation: Our firm handles litigation for employers who are dealing with a wide range of employee issues and lawsuits, including those alleging discrimination (age, race, gender, sex, national origin, pregnancy and others), sexual harassment, wrongful termination and many more disputes as they arise.
- Environmental litigation: We represent clients in all types of environmental litigation, including water law and lake litigation, lawsuits over alleged violations of federal regulations, and anything that might arise for homeowners or business owners regarding environmental law.
- Estate, trust and probate litigation: Any issues involving estates and trusts should be handled as efficiently and effectively as possible in order to fully protect the rights of the estate holder and any estate or trust beneficiaries. We handle all aspects of estate and trust litigation and probate litigation for clients throughout Michigan and out-of-state clients with issues and interests in Michigan, including will contests and trustee removal, as well as contested guardianships and conservatorships.
- Lottery disputes: Our attorneys believe that everyone should have a chance to pursue lottery winnings to which they might be entitled. We will work quickly to ascertain to whom lottery winnings belong, including pursuing litigation or defending against unfounded claims of ownership.
Alternative dispute resolution: Though we are skilled and aggressive litigators and trial lawyers, our
firm also understands that litigating a case in court is not always the
best way in which to resolve issues. Our firm can advise clients on alternative
methods of resolving litigation out of court such as arbitration and mediation.
- Arbitration involves a private, third-party arbitrator (or panel of arbitrators) who makes a binding decision in the matter after hearing each side present its case.
- Mediation also involves a private third party, but this neutral party works closely with each side to come to an agreement on a decision in the matter. Each side is expected to give and take in order to minimize animosity and reach a conclusion to the case
Civil case appeals: The justice system is not always entirely just. Errors occur in both state
and federal courts that may lead to a less than favorable result in your
initial case. We offer full-service representation to help you pursue
justice in all types of civil disputes, and we often take cases on referral
from other attorneys.
- Our appellate group has represented clients in cases before the Michigan Court of Appeals, Michigan Supreme Court, Texas Court of Appeals, Texas Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, the U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Roots from a Judge
Sons of former judges, our firm’s co-founders are deeply rooted in our community and have been exposed to the law from a young age.
Service to Others
We demonstrate compassion and consideration for others, putting your needs or desires ahead of our own to treat you the way you appreciate being treated.
Integrity, Honesty, & Accountability
Willis Law adheres to a code of moral and ethical standards, is truthful in all things, and takes responsibility for our actions.
Empathy & Kindness
We are considerate to exemplify good work ethics. Our lawyers strive to actively participate and engage in your feelings or ideas.
Our results and behavior represent the standard to which others should strive. We conduct ourselves to the highest standards in everything we do.
We are dependable, adhere to scheduled work hours, are considerate of needs in planning time off, consistently follow policies and procedures, and exemplify good work ethics.
We demonstrate a professional attitude, appearance, and approach, seek personal and professional improvement, and initiate opportunities to improve contributions to the firm.
Commitment, Dedication, & Loyalty
We demonstrate an allegiance and faithfulness with a determination toward a common goal of attaining excellence in service. We actively promote the firm and its values.