Kalamazoo Estate Planning Lawyers
Legal Guidance for Estate Planning, Elder Law & Medicaid Cases in West Michigan
It’s never a good idea to put off estate planning until your golden years. Estate planning is beneficial for people of all ages and from all walks of life. Developing a plan for your assets and property can protect your family and your legacy.
At Willis Law, we represent individuals, couples, and families who want to take advantage of the many estate planning tools available to them. With decades of combined experience, our estate planning attorneys in Kalamazoo can address all aspects of a comprehensive estate plan, including matters involving elder law and Medicaid.
Preserve your legacy and plan for the future with the help of Willis Law. We are available 24/7 and offer free consultations. Just call (888) 461-7744.
Everyone Should Have an Estate Plan
Whether you are a single person who needs help drafting a will, a young couple looking for ways to protect your children, or a senior citizen approaching retirement, Willis Law can help you plan accordingly for the future. During the estate planning process, we’ll offer the personalized advice and one-on-one attention you deserve.
Our firm can assist you with:
- Business succession planning
- Estate tax minimization
- Asset protection for doctors, business owners, and other professionals
- Estate planning for farmers
- Lottery winnings planning
- Planning for disabled persons
- Planning for nursing care
- Medicaid planning
- Other elder law matters
Pensions & Retirement Benefits
One of the most important things you can address when planning for the future is how your pension benefits will be handled upon your death.
Under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), retirement plans must have a survivor benefit. This benefit allows the surviving spouse of a plan beneficiary to receive benefits if their spouse dies before retirement. The surviving spouse will also be entitled to a portion of the beneficiary’s pension if they die after retirement.
In addition to pension benefits, other retirement benefits that should be addressed in your estate plan include:
- 401(k) accounts
- 403(b) accounts
- IRA (individual retirement account)
- ESOP (employee stock ownership plan)
- PERS (public employees' retirement system pension)
Elder Law Services
Elder law is in place to protect the rights and interests of senior citizens. At Willis Law, we offer comprehensive elder law services to ensure that you or your loved ones are positioned for success during those golden years.
We can help you:
- Establish advance health care directives and medical powers of attorney
- Draft durable powers of attorney
- Draft a living will to outline your wishes regarding end-of-life medical care or treatment if you are incapacitated
- Address Medicaid and nursing home planning
To learn more about what our estate planning attorneys in Kalamazoo can do for you, call us at (888) 461-7744.