Samuel Gilbertson is the Managing Partner with Willis Law and a sports agent with its affiliate, Willis Sports Agents. He is licensed to practice in the State Courts of Michigan and the Federal Court of the Western District of Michigan, as well as the State Courts of Indiana, the Federal Court for the Northern District of Indiana, and the Supreme Court of Indiana.
Samuel is a member of the State Bars of Michigan and Indiana. He has been named a Rising Star by Michigan Super Lawyers, which is a distinction awarded to 2.5% of lawyers in Michigan. He is also a member of the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association and co-authored an article published by the Michigan Business Law Journal.
Samuel graduated from Regent University School of Law in Virginia Beach, Virginia, where he earned his Juris Doctor as a member of the Honors division. While at Regent Law, he competed on the national trial advocacy team, won Regent’s Top Advocate and Best Oralist awards, served as the president of the Business Law Society, and received Regent’s award for the highest grade in Negotiations and Alternative Dispute Resolution. Prior to becoming an attorney, Samuel spent three years as a college basketball coach at Bryan College in Dayton, Tennessee, where he also earned his B.A. in Politics and Government and graduated magna cum laude. He and his wife, Anna, live in Portage, Michigan with their two sons. They are actively involved in the Kalamazoo community and attend Berean Baptist Church.
You can reach our firm at (888) 461-7744 to schedule your free consultation.
Areas of Practice
Non-Profit Board Membership and Affiliation
- Kalamazoo Home School Sports, Inc. (President)
- Berean Baptist Church (Vice-Chairman)
- Alternatives of Kalamazoo (Former Board Member)
- Kalamazoo County Bar Association – Young Lawyers’ Section (Former President)
- “Why Michigan Courts Will Continue to Protect SMLLCs Against the Member’s Outside Judgment Creditors,” The Michigan Business Law Journal, Fall 2017.
- Changes to Michigan’s Job Site Regulations – Home Builders Association of Michigan Statewide Town Hall (2020)
- How to Protect Your Cash Flow in a COVID Future – Levelset Webinar (2020)
- Mandatory Sewer Connection – Top Five Legal Considerations – Oshtemo Residents Association (2020)
- Potholes to Avoid in the Michigan Pot Movement: Understanding the Rights of Employers – Home Builders Association of Kalamazoo (2020)
- Top Five Questions Parents Ask about the MLB Draft – Northwoods League All-Star Banquet (2019)
- Asset Protection for Professional Baseball Players – Northwoods League All-Star Banquet (2018)
- Garnishment Guidance for Payroll Professionals – American Payroll Association Statewide Conference (2017)
- Fair Labor Standards Act Guidance for Payroll Professionals – American Payroll Association Statewide Conference (2017)
- Top Five HR Concerns for Business Owners – Home Builders Association of Kalamazoo (2016)