Civil Appeals Lawyers in Kalamazoo & Grand Rapids
The stakes are high in every civil case. Evidence takes months to prepare and present, and all attorneys work hard to obtain just results for their clients. The legal system, however, is fallible.
When an error in a state or federal trial needs to be addressed by a civil appeals lawyer, Willis Law is prepared to provide powerful advocacy in civil matters.
Civil Lawsuit Appeals Attorneys
Our firm offers appellate representation in courts throughout the state and across the nation, including:
- Appeals to the Michigan Supreme Court
- Appeals to the Michigan Court of Appeals
- Appeals to the United States Supreme Court
- Appeals to U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Appeals to U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Extensive Appellate Law Experience
Liisa Speaker leads our appellate group and has represented clients before the Michigan Supreme Court, the Michigan Court of Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit, as well as the Texas Court of Appeals, the Texas Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Our firm's appellate practice offers the following legal services:
- Researching and writing briefs
- Determining the issues to raise on appeal
- Providing overview of the appellate process and periodic updates
- Reviewing the trial court record
- Preparing appellate-related motions
- Arguing cases before the appellate courts
We primarily derive appeals cases from referrals from other attorneys. We also accept cases without a referral from trial counsel on a limited basis. Regardless of whether you are an attorney or a litigant, we are committed to providing high-quality representation for all of your appellate needs.
Wide-Ranging Civil Appeals Experience
The following areas are a small sample of the types of appeals that Ms. Speaker has handled for our clients:
- Michigan and federal commercial litigation appeals, including tortious interference, breach of contract, conversion and other business disputes
- Michigan probate appeals, including challenges related to wills, trusts and fiduciaries
- Michigan personal injury appeals and federal civil rights appeals, including no-fault, premises liability, governmental immunity, medical malpractice, employment and negligence issues
- Michigan and federal employment appeals, including wrongful termination, discrimination, sexual harassment, sales commission and covenant not-to-compete issues
- Michigan and federal real property appeals, including boundary disputes, easements, riparian rights, zoning, eminent domain and statute of frauds issues
Contact a Michigan Civil Appeals Attorney Today
If you need an experienced attorney for your civil appeal, contact us online or call (888) 461-7744 today for a free initial consultation. We have office locations in Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids and Paw Paw.
Michael J. Willis J.D., C.P.A.
Shaun P. Willis J.D.
Frank D. Willis J.D.
Donald H. Smith
Mariko C. Willis
Samuel R. Gilbertson J.D.
Verelle Kirkwood J.D.
Kristyn Meylenberg J.D.