Drug Manufacture and Distribution
Drug Crimes Attorneys in Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids & Paw Paw
Manufacturing or distributing drugs, often referred to as drug trafficking, is charged as a felony that carries the possibility of up to 20 years in prison.
At Willis Law, our lawyers defend criminal defense clients on drug charges in state and federal courts, such as misdemeanor and felony possession, as well as manufacture or distribution of all types of controlled substances, including street drugs and prescription medications.
Defending Against Drug Trafficking Charges in West Michigan
We defend clients facing drug charges related to manufacturing and distribution, including:
- Operating a meth lab
- Operating a marijuana grow house
- Cultivation of marijuana or marihuana
- Possession or distribution of drug paraphernalia, including scales and bags
- Possession of ingredients to make methamphetamine
- Prescription fraud
- Drug importation with intent to distribute or sell
- Possession and possession with intent to deliver prescription drugs
- Federal drug trafficking
Our Kalamazoo drug crime attorneys analyze every drug-related case to determine if there was an illegal search and seizure of evidence. Did the police have probable cause to stop the car or search your home? Did they have a search warrant and, if so, was it executed properly? If the police did not follow proper procedures, we will file a motion to suppress the evidence against you.
Kristen A.: 20-Year Felony for Possession With Intent to Deliver Cocaine
As our client (a high school student) was a passenger in the car, we negotiated with the prosecutor and the case was dismissed. The FBI then got involved, and we successfully negotiated with it. All federal charges were dropped, the case was dismissed and the client received no criminal record.
Defending Your Rights, Protecting Your Interests
The Kalamazoo Valley Enforcement Team (KVET) and the West Michigan Enforcement Team (WEMET) are two undercover police units that aggressively pursue convictions of drug offenders. If they or other officers trample on our clients' rights, we will fight for justice. Other drug enforcement teams in West Michigan include:
- Southwest Michigan Enforcement Teams (SWET) team raids and investigations
- Grand Rapids Metropolitan Drug Team raids and investigations
- SWAT team raids and investigations
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) raids and investigations
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) raids and investigations
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) raids and investigations
- Kent Area Narcotics Enforcement Team (KANET) raids and investigations
- Central Michigan Enforcement Team (CMET) raids and investigations
- Michigan State Police, Metropolitan Enforcement Drug Team (MSP-MET) raids and investigations
To learn more about how we can help you protect your rights, contact us today for a free initial consultation. We have office locations in Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids and Paw Paw.
Michael J. Willis J.D., C.P.A.
Shaun P. Willis J.D.
Frank D. Willis J.D.
Donald H. Smith, J.D.
Mariko C. Willis, J.D.
Samuel R. Gilbertson J.D.
Jennifer L. Grahek, J.D.
Adam D. Bancroft, J.D.
Davis C. Martin, J.D.
Verelle Kirkwood J.D.
Kristyn Meylenberg J.D.